Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good intnetions...bad idea!


This summer I have been on a HUGE exercise kick. After 15 years of not really exercising (other than maybe once a week) I have been working out seven days a week and have lost 14lbs and 9 inches! I am so excited to run/walk my first 1/2 marathon this spring. With all this excitement I have been experiencing, we decided to take the kids on a hike to Silvercreek Falls. Our intentions were good, however, we did not put much thought into the fact that one jogger stroller will not do the trick for five miles! The beginning of the hike was a lot of fun, so I will post those pictures. However, once I hit the steep stairs with the jogger stroller on my back, I soon realized this hike was a mistake of gigantic proportions. After 5.5 miles and three and a half hours of hiking, we were all tired...let's just say there was not a lot of family bonding taking place. Good thing I took pictures early on!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you Stacy! How exciting!

I hate it when things don't go quite as well as we had hoped.

Bridget said...

You go girl! Way to go on your fitness kick! I have been just the opposite. Totally lazy this summer. I need to get back into it. That is a long hike for little ones. Congrats to them for surviving.

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Hey Stacy,
I know what you mean about the hike there at Silver Creek Falls. We did that a couple of years ago for a family reunion. Of course, the day we were there was in the 90's. HOT! We had a great time for about the first 2 miles and then it was all down hill from there, and I'm not talking about the trail!
I just checked out your blog because I remembered a while back you said you had one. I just started one. I think I sent an email about it.
take care!
Lisa Otis